Saturday, October 23, 2010

Where am I? SU is 5-2 (2-1) and in the hunt!

I haven't posted in a while, because, frankly, I've been depressed. Depressed that I drove a total of 18 hours to watch SU get dismantled on its home turf. Depressed that the crowd was pathetic, even after the game was tied at 7-7 and the defense needed a lift. Depressed that the Orange still hadn't made "the leap."

But now, I don't know how to feel. Who are these guys? Are they the team that demolishes offenses like Akron, South Florida and even West Virginia? Or are they the team that gets scored on at will by Washington and Pittsburgh?

What can't be debated is that SU is 5-2 overall and 2-1 in the Big East. After USF pulling the upset at Cincy last night, the Big East is still up for grabs. It's probably Pitt's to lose now, and the Panthers have the tiebreaker over the Orange, so the Big East title is still a bit of a pipe dream, but after today, anything is possible.

With five games left, and just two wins needed to qualify for the first bowl berth since 2004, the question is starting to turn into which bowl are we going to? Syracuse is a legitimate team again, capable of beating anyone in the Big East, and that's all we've really been asking for around here for a long time.

I'm going to be happy tonight, but I'm also still very confused. And I'm hoping I don't wake up in a few seconds and realize this was all just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment